Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How to Handle Recruiting Members of Population 3

So for this population, I am visiting every program web page and finding faculty members and students. Very rarely are students listed, and very rarely is their work featured. Sad. What I'm going to do is if the students are not available, I will send along the faculty recruitment attachment and ask faculty to recruit students. If students are available, I will contact them directly. If some students are available, I will contact them and ask them to forward to other students in their program.

I also decided that in this context it would be better to say I am doing this to finish my dissertation. I think then people might feel sorry for me and take the survey. I think if I say it is just a survey, they might become defensive about their knowledge and understanding of fair use. I think that students would be more likely to take the survey if it was another student doing it. Not sure. Maybe I am wrong about this.

No comments: